September 6, 2009

A funny car story

Yesterday, I noticed my gas pedal in my car was not responding with its normal alacrity. With a sinking heart, I feared the worst. Would the money I JUST received from my tax return have to be spent on yet another car repair? As I drove it, I realized that the brake pedal seemed stiff as well – but the symptom came and went. I called our mechanic and he said to bring it in to the shop if I felt there was a problem.

This afternoon, I enlisted my mother-in-law's help in taking the car over to the repair shop. As we made our way there, I pondered a technical question. What would cause both pedals to behave so strangely all of a sudden? If it were only the brake, a master cylinder could be the culprit. However, clearly this was not the case. Suddenly, the thought came to me. What if the pedals were obstructed in some way? I looked down toward my feet and began to laugh. All my worry was for naught. The pedals were not broken, they were simply blocked by the FLOOR MAT which had become bunched underneath them. LOL! I was greatly relieved. It was a good laugh in the midst of a stressful day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh LOL! That's one funny story indeed. I wonder how the floor mat got in the way of your brake pedal. But still, it's a good thing that your worries were for naught.

    Jacob Rodman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how it happened, Jacob. Probably a mischievous little urchin, like a gnome. ;P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...