November 5, 2010

Staying Healthy When Everyone Else is Dropping Like Flies Around You

We've reached the time of year when the darkness of night comes sooner and lasts longer. In it, I find the  reflective, quieter part of me beginning to surface. I find I'm ready for bed earlier and my body seems to want the rest. Listening to my body is a big part of my staying healthy - and keeping my kids that way. Since it's getting to be that time of year - when flu and cold season is beginning - I thought a little visit back to what I posted last year about building a healthy immune system might be in order.


How to stay healthy when everyone else is dropping like flies around you. Remember that rest, good nutrition and exercise are the best way to get started on a healthy immune system. As my mom used to say, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."

Here's what I said last year about staying healthy and it still holds.

And, if you're already in the throes of the season's sickly woes, here's a good recipe for chicken noodle soup, click here.

Healthy Blessings.

OM

3 comments:

  1. wish i had one from last year to post. i've been dreaming up this post for weeks. just can't find the time to write these days.

    thanks for stopping by again. and did i know you were in phoenix?? feel like i just found that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have read my mind because I wanted to ask you how you treat a cold. We went for a well visit and came home with a cold. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Latisha - I've enjoyed the posts about your teas so much! I've only recently been identifying my location. After I did the spot on ABC15, it was kind of out there so I gave up anonymity. I was thrilled to find your blog. Another mom as stoked about herbs as I. :)

    Laurel - hope everyone at your place feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...