November 15, 2010

Hissyfits Hullabaloo Review

I attended the Hissyfits Hullabalo a week ago Sunday and have been trying to finish my post about it all week. Unfortunately, I had major camera issues - again - proving that it's time for a new camera. My camera tanked and then I couldn't even get the pics off the SD card for several days. Grrrr....Well, thanks to my sweet husband, I got a few off the disk.

So, here are the pics I took of the great things available to buy at the Hullabaloo. Best of all, if you missed it, you can still get in touch with these awesome local artisans! As with the Sunnyslope Art Fair, I'll split my finds into two different posts. There were so many awesome local businesses there - I could possibly cover them all so here is a small sampling.

Lululand Designs - www.lululanddesigns.com or Lululand on Facebook  
Being a mom of girls, I was immediately drawn to the bright colors and frilliness available at the Lululand Table. These are just so cute - and they come in all different colors. If you have a little princess who needs a tutu, this is a great place to get one. They even have colors for you ASU alumni!
Andrea Blanchard creates these awesome puffs of fluff.

Daily Scrubs - Email: jillysmith@msn.com
For those of you who are getting nervous about the gi-normous amount of sweets that will soon be staring you in the face this holiday season, I have a solution for you!!! Next time you're craving something sweet, instead of reaching for an edible treat, make some time for yourself and take a bath. 

The creator of this business has a solution for those who would love a giant ice cream sandwich, sugar cookie, cinnamon roll or cupcake but don't actually want to use up two days of calories on one food item. She makes these delightful delicacies out of soap! These soaps look exactly like their intended sugary treat and smell like them too. They would make great stocking stuffers!!


Frilly Butts - www.frillybutts.etsy.com
Are you a hip mama disillusioned by the boring-ness of typical baby onesies? Never fear! I've found the answer to your problem. Frilly Butts. For real. And, as their name implies, their motto is, "Business in the front, party in the back" (just like a mullet). Holly Trueblood's creations feature cool designs and - for girls - frilly booties.


Also, if you're having a hard time getting your toddler interested in potty training, Holly can hook you up with some pretty cute little training pants.

You can see more of Holly's great art on her Frilly Butts Etsy page. Frilly Butts! Frilly Butts! (Sorry, I think my four year old is rubbing off on me. I can't stop saying their name!) Seriously, check out their page. She even has a sale section!! Woohoo!!

Sew Cute in AZ - www.sewcuteinaz.etsy.com
Sew Cute in AZ solves the problem of ugly car seat covers. Her car seat covers are just darling and she offers several different fabric offerings, including one with guitars - which you know would go over big at our house! Not only were the fabrics and designs super cute, the quality of her work seemed really high as well. If you're looking for an extra car seat cover or boppy cover, this is the place to look.

Here are a few pics of her work.



That's all for today folks. Tune in tomorrow to see some more fabulous local artists!! 

As usual, show these local businesses some love by sharing this post on Twitter, Facebook or your own blog. YOU can make a difference in our economy by shopping local!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...