May 7, 2010

Mother...

 http://mek32390.fatcow.com/mother-earth-remixes-dirt-off-your-shoulder-vs-beverly-hills-mashup/

Sitting here at my computer after a day that seemed interminable,
teary toward the end.
The moon is waning and so is my energy,
my soul is tired.
It was a day when I would have loved to phone my mom and just hear her voice -
But she is not here in body.

So, I sit -
face covered in Earth,
sipping a nectar made of flowers
that came forth from the same womb which birthed me,
and my limbs begin to relax, 
comforted by the thought that there is another Mother I can still touch,
one who offers physical comfort and rest when I need it most.

Thank you...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
    And I am weeping.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...