September 6, 2009

Recapturing - me

I’m sitting here at the coffee shop next to a Gourmet magazine. It’s beautiful. There are ice cream sandwiches stacked on the front cover, lemon ice cream sandwiches with blueberry swirl. I think the cookies are actually graham crackers.

I’m enjoying these moments of solitude and the bright, cheery atmosphere of this shop. I really like the people. The coffee is ok but it’s really the room I like. It's open with windows instead of walls. Most of all, both the baristas and the customers are really friendly here. Nice. It’s not pretentious.

I’m spending this time alone at some point every week trying to recapture the part of me that isn’t a housekeeper, wife, mom. In doing that, I am hoping to find out what I’m really good at. After my babies are a little bigger, I’ll need to find some kind of gainful employment and I don’t really know what to do. Maybe if I just list a few of the things I enjoy, I’ll get some ideas.

Here goes…

I love hiking. I love the solitude (I hike alone), I love nature, I love the chance to connect with God or the creative force that surely binds us all together.

I love to garden. I’ve never really been able to do this regularly but it’s my goal. I love touching the earth. I have a passion for sustainability, for nurturing something green and growing. It feeds my soul.

I love to read. I love information. I love novels.

I love to research women’s health topics; physical, emotional, spiritual.

I would love to be more involved in helping women to succeed both in our culture and those around the world - to have lives they enjoy.

I love my children – so much. I know this is supposed to be about me – but they are the light of my eyes. I love to figure out what they need, how to help them be the best version of themselves. I know to do that, I have to be the best version of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...